16 Cornell Rd. New Fairfield, CT. 06812.
:: features ::
:: direct fam. ::
:: extended fam. ::
origin of Zobler?
aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc
:: other ::
Descendants of Zobler?
Generation No. 1
Children of Zobler?? are:
2. i. J.LOUIS ZOBLER .b. Austria
ii. M. ZAUBLER.
iii. L. SOBLER.
Generation No. 2
2. J. LOUIS ZOBLER (ZOBLER??) was born in Austria. He married BERTHA BRANDMACHER.
Was an officer in the Prussian Army. Immigrated to the US because of persecution of the Jews within the Austrian Army. He immigrated through Ellis Island, NY. He came over with two brothers; all three brothers have different spellings of their last name. It seems that this was quite common at that time because the immigration officers didn't speak many languages and they spelled the names phonetically.
J. Louis had a beer and wine delivery business in Brooklyn. Neil heard stories about him from Foster Bernard, who was raised by J. Louis and wife. The one in particular Neil remembers he heard in about 1975. During the 1920's, J. Louis used to carry a walking stick that was hollow and where he used to carry some liquor. Foster told me that J. Louis used to take him to "a lovely house where all these women would make a big fuss over me." J. Louis used to leave him with the ladies for a while, before returning home. Foster said that he didn't figure out what was going on until he was about 21 years old!
Children of J. Zobler and Bertha Brandmacher arc:
3. i. DORTHY ZOBLER.
4. ii. LIDIA ZOBLER.
5. iii. STELLA ZOBLER.
6. iv. VIVIAN ZOBLER.
7. v. ROSE ZOBLER. b. December 17, 1890; d. April 1968.
8. vi. NATHANIEL ZOBLER, b. June04, 1892, New York, NY; d. 1946 ,Brooklyn, NY.
9. vii. SAUL ZOBLER, b. April 26, 1903, Brooklyn, NY; d. December 1971, Florida.
Generation No. 3
3. DORTHY ZOBLER (J. LOUIS, ZOBLER??). She married MORRIS SOLOMON.
Children of Dorthy Zobler and Morns Solomon are:
i. FRANCIS SOLOMON.
ii. CHARLES SOLOMON.
iii. DORRIS SOLOMON.
4. LIDIA ZOBLER (J. Louis, ZOBLER??). She married AL KLEIN.
Child of Lidia Zobler and Al Klein is:
i. MAURICE KLEIN
5. STELLA-" ZOBLER (J. LOUIS, ZOBLER??). She married LOUIS SUSSKIND.
Evelyn Zobler Kalish said that she remembers Stella to be very fat. As a child, her mother used to threaten her with, "if you keep that up, you'll wind up like Aunt Stella."
Children of Stella Zobler and Louis Susskind are:
i. DAVID SUSSKIND.
ii. (SON) SUSSKIND.
6. VIVIAN? ZOBLER (7. LOUIS'. ?' ZOBLER??). She married HYMAN BARSKY.
Child of Vivian Zobler and Hyman Barsky is:
i. FOSTER" BERNARD, b. November 04, 19191, d. April 1974.
7. ROSE ZOBLER (J. LOUIS', ?' ZOBLER??) was born December 17, 1890, and died April 1968. She married AARON
Children of Rose Zobler and Aaron Lenobel are:
10. i. JACK." LENOBEL.
ii. JULIAN LENOBEL.
iii. DORRIS LENOBEL, Adopted child.
8. NATHANIEL? ZOBLER (J. LOUIS', ?' ZOBLER??) was born June 04, 1892 in New York, NY, and died 1946 in
Brooklyn, NY. He married ETHEL MICHAELS, daughter of Adolph Michaels and Ida Werblowski.
Children of Nathaniel Zobler and Ethel Michaels are:
11. i. MORLEY MEYER ZOBLER, b. December 15, 1916, Brooklyn, NY; d. June 30, 1967, Garden City, NY.
12. ii. EVELYN ZOBLER. b. 1921, Brooklyn, NY.
9. SAUL ZOBLER (J. LOUIS, ZOBLER??) was born April 26, 1903 in Brooklyn, NY, and died December 1971 in
Florida. He named FLORENCE.
Child of Saul Zobler and Florence is:
i. MELVIN ZOBLER, m. SHEILA?.
Generation No. 4
10. JACK LENOBEL (ROSE ZOBLER, J. LOUIS ZOBLER??). He married MARIE.
Children of Jack Lenobel and Marie are:
i JANET LENOBEL.
ii. GUY LENOBEL, b. Abt 1944.
iii. BRIAN LENOBEL, b. 1946.
11. MORLEY MEYER ZOBLER (NATHANIEL,, J. LOUIS, ZOBLER??) was born December 15, 1916 in Brooklyn, NY, and died June 30,1967 in Garden City, NY. He named ANNA HALLDORSDOTTIR, daughter of Halldorand Gudmundir
Children of Morley Zobler and Anna Halldorsdottir are:
i. NEIL HALLDOR ZOBLER, b. June 23, 1946, Brooklyn, NY; m. ANA CELSI RIOS.
i i. JON ALAN ZOBLER, b. August 08, 1949; m. LORI SINGLETON.
iii. ERIK SANFORD ZOBLER, b. March 31, 1953.
12. EVELYN ZOBLER (NATHANIEL J. LOUIS ZOBLER??) was born 1921 in Brooklyn, NY. She married MIKE
KALISH April 01,1945.
This document shows how there are 3 different spellings of Zobler.
:: powered by ::
Give me your